Friday, February 1, 2013

First Delivery


Today we received our very first construction related delivery: Three pallets worth of concrete masonry units (CMU's), otherwise referred to as concrete blocks. 297 of them to be exact. That's how many my 3D SketchUp plans told me I'd need so that's how many we ordered. Don't think I'll screw one up? We'll see. But actually I'd rather be a little too short and have to throw a few in the back of the truck, then have too many lying around. Something about having to load up and return heavy blocks doesn't sound very appealing. And what else would I use them for? They're not really known for their curb appeal or artistic landscape features.

So those, and another pallet containing 23 bags of 80lb. Quikrete Type S Mortar, a pair of lintel blocks for the crawl space opening and a bunch of 10" anchor bolts to secure the subfloor and we're in business. Now all I need is for this rainy and cold weather to break and I can start the laying some block. Did I mention we just received our first snowfall of the year a few days ago? Four inches of the fluffy (and wet) stuff. Nice.



No comments:

Post a Comment